Whale Shark Encounter & Snorkel
- Unique Experience of Swimming Alongside the Ocean's Largest Fish - the Whale Shark, also Known as the Sea's "Gentle Giants"
- Ride out to the Gorgeous Sea of Cortes, Where You Will Encounter All Kinds of Unique Wild Marine Animals Including Sea Turtles, Sting Rays, Dolphins, and the Whale Shark
- Snorkel Alongside These Massive Yet Delicate Creatures in the Clear Blue Waters of the Sea of Cortes
- After the Snorkel Excursion, Enjoy a Delicious Lunch at the Quaint Town of La Paz
Have you ever dreamed of swimming with sharks? Have you ever wondered what it is like to interact with them underwater? Many people are afraid of these aquatic creatures because they do not realize that most sharks are actually friendly, even gentle creatures. The Whale Shark Encounter & Snorkel tour will show you just how loveable these underwater animals can be!
The tour begins with a trip to La Paz, the capital of the state of Baja California Sur. You will be transported in our air-conditioned van to keep you and your family comfortable and cool. You will be driven through the beautiful deserts and pass all sorts of vegetation and wildlife.
Upon arriving to the beautiful Sea of Cortez, you will be amazed at the vividness of the warm waters. You will be provided with in-depth instructions on how to manage your snorkeling equipment and how to interact with the whale sharks to keep you and these loving mammals safe. Do not be afraid to get up close and personal during this tour. Observe how these giants interact with each other, obtain food, and swimming habits. You will be amazed at their receptivity and size. They will gracefully swim next to you as you snorkel in their presence. Embrace their company. Be on the lookout for other aquatic species as well.
Once your snorkeling concludes, you will return to La Paz, where you will enjoy freshly seasoned tacos and beverages at a local restaurant. When you have eaten all of the Mexican foods that your stomach can hold, you will be transported to the beautiful city of Todo Santos and explore the historical Hotel California.
The Whale Shark Encounter & Snorkel tour only occurs a few months out of the entire year and fills up quickly. Save a spot with us today!
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- Tour operates only from September to April. 2018 season, however, will begin October 26th.
- Tour does not operate on most Saturdays or Sundays, but call our office to check the most up-to-date available
- Minimum age: 8 years old
- Fairly vigorous swimming required
- Previous snorkeling experience recommended
- Guests with respiratory problems, limited mobility, neck or back problems and expectant mothers may not participate
- We check weather and sea conditions every morning. We reserve the right to cancel a tour without previous notice due to safety reasons
- We search for the Whale Shark for 90 minutes, but finding them isn't guaranteed